Sunday 23 February 2020

SHALLOW AS A KITTY POOL!

Is Love Really Blind?

I've recently tuned into a Netflix series called 'Love Is Blind'. It's a social experiment where a group of men and women are given the opportunity to get to know one another without the comfort of seeing each others appearance.




Now you can call me shallow all you want honey, but I literally ain't about to date someone I'm not physically attracted to.
Disclaimer: I CAN NOT date anyone who lacks substance either, or someone who doesn't understand/possess good values. 
I won't say I'm totally against trying, however I have been in a few awkward situations where I've been approached by individuals (I haven't been outwardly attracted to) and got the 'ick!!'.
Whatever floats your boat right?

It's quite amazing that in such a short amount of time, the people involved in this social experiment have developed real feelings for each other. It's the purest setting! They are falling in love with people they're ACTUALLY and INTIMATELY getting to know, irrespective of what race, height, size or age is on the other side of the wall. I think it's genius! The physical stuff can be so distracting and lust is so real in these streets.
The big test is when they are revealed to each other! Is that connection still there, are they actually deep in love?! There is a plot twist though. Before they meet,  they are to be engaged to then get married within 4 WEEKS.
So these people have literally fallen in love (some after 3days) gotten engaged, finally met in person, to be introduced to each others families (who have no idea any of this is happening!) and then take vows to commit for life! WILD!

I'm a hopeless romantic and I love love, but this... I dunno! I guess because the physical attraction side of things for me (personally) is apart of my deal breakers, it's foreign to me that this can happen. Realistically though, I don't think any of the couples that are on this journey, don't find each other physically attractive.
 I low-key wish I could've been apart of the experiment, to find out if the physical stuff is that important to me.
I guess because I've always liked shiny things, I'd have to rewire myself to see the beauty in things that aren't so shiny or may be shiny in a different area. That's not to say I can't appreciate what isn't aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Preference.

There is a particular couple who are struggling in this area. The lady (Jessica 34) has fallen in love to be married to a younger man (Mark 24). He is besotted by her and she too is smitten by him, but he ain't physically doing it for her! Damn. She's been staying the course and giving it time to ensure the physical attraction can grow, but because the emotional connect is there and strong, homegirl is reluctant to part ways so soon.
What would you do?! It must be such a difficult place to be in.





It is a refreshing watch, especially to see if their genuine connect from clear, consistent communication and authentic compatibility can lead to a long lasting marriage.
I mean they are all realistically in the 'honeymoon' period and I do think getting married after a month is a hasty move...
It takes tiiiime to really KNOW someone. I had my first argument with a friend of mine the other day after almost 10 years of never even bickering and that showed me a side of her I'd never seen. We as people are forever changing (well should be). These people are out here risking it all! What a mess lol

Anything worth having requires some level of risk and sacrifice. It all boils down to how bad you want it. Whether that be a loving relationship, a career or possession. Ask yourself some important questions..
Is this worth it?
Am I willing to give my all?
Can I commit?
How does this make me feel?
Will this be an addition to my life?

Sometimes it takes a different approach to gain a desired outcome and that initial feeling of discomfort is to change you for the better.
These people are evidently searching for MORE! They weren't okay with an 'okay companionship'. They needed more! They've put themselves out there in doing this social experiment to find something amazing, passionate, different/real.

I may do a follow up post if I'm still tuned into this series! Let me know if y'all are watching!

Style Tip- Okay is not the reason you risk absolutely everything you've got for the smallest chance that something amazing could happen. Love (your dream, spouse, career) passionately! 














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig