Wednesday 23 September 2015

SS16 LFW DAY 2- DESIGNER SHOWROOMS

#LondonFashionWeek

Honey, this high street get up was getting me papp'd. I was not prepared lol.

WHAT I WORE:

River Island Jacket
Mama's Shirt
Next Trousers
Puma Trainers
Giant Vintage Specs

I obviously did some preparation...this suit didn't just hop into my suitcase hehe.
My outfit was very much inspired by a NY street style picture I came across a few seasons ago. The jacket and trousers aren't an exact match in colour, which is why I raided my mama's wardrobe for a long  casual shirt to slightly distract. This white linen shirt was a perfect fit, a clean structure yet cool and casual look.
With the change in location for this season of fashion week, I definitely chose the option of wearing a more comfortable shoe to stomp around in; what's more comfortable than a pair of trainers. These old pumas have sat in my closet for a little while, which is why they are so clean. To throw in that feminine touch, I did a girly hair do, popped on a Marilyn Monroe red lip and added a quirky pair of glasses.

ACCESSORIES

Once I entered the Designer Showrooms I was in complete awe of what I saw. Each stall had a few pieces hung to show off their collection. Each designer had something interesting to share about what inspired their newest pieces, the quality was to die for.

I immediately was drawn to Harvey Santos Hats. Harvey Santos is a London based milliner who creates hats and couture headpieces that fuse traditional techniques with new materials. Paying extreme attention to detail and executing fine lines his hand made pieces are created in his London studio. 
Harvey's collection 'Birdy' is inspired by tropical exotic elegance and will also be available during Paris Fashion week.




COLLECTIONS

REIN

I immediately was drawn to REIN. This 'all black everything' collection was so effortlessly chic. I love the simplicity yet interactive detail of each piece. As we all know, black goes with everything which made it so easy for me to fall in love with the direct minimalism. The graduate collection demonstrates laser cut, cage-like structures fit to spruce up any outfit. 



GAYEON LEE

The Spring/Summer 2016 graduate collection of Gayeon Lee was made for the sophisticated confident woman. Having dressed the likes of Lady Gaga with pieces also featured in various magazines, Gayeon Lee showcased an exquisite line. With beautiful soft metallic hues, I was drawn to the subtle dramatic lines.

Again the fashionistas came out to play giving me so much inspiration. I'm a big fan of experimenting and upgrading my personal style, however I still have several looks and pieces that will always be apart of me.
I found myself enjoying the creativity of the photographers and particularly the menswear street style. Peep the pics :)










This day, I noticed a common thread amongst the street style. There was a nice mix of tailored structured clothing worn with neat casual footwear (trainers). I was determined not to feel any discomfort and happily wore flats all week. Sometimes dressing up for us ladies we think 'heels' but its so possible to look just as put together in cute flats.

STYLE TIP- The most authentic part of who you are is enough to make an impact :)


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig