Friday 13 February 2015

VALENTINES INSPIRED LOOKS

#Love and Basketball


Love is such a beautiful thang! Although I have a bit of fight in me, I am such a lover. I'm very tactile, affectionate and give the greatest hugs :). Whether it be a friendship, relationship, or family bond, valentines day gives us the opportunity to do something EXTRA for that loved one we have in mind.
The bitter singles will probably hate on every cute couple they see, or pretend like valentines doesn't phase them lol but c'mon now, we all want some loving in our lives! As a single gal myself, I actually enjoy this day. I don't do anything out of the ordinary, but I do buy my mama some flowers, myself a tub of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice-cream and watch my favourite movie, Love and Basketball!


 
 
 

If you're in a long term relationship or marriage, hopefully the hubby is planning to do something sweet... So ladies, lets get our glad rags on!  

A first date with a potential love interest, usually is a casual night to the movies, dinner and drinks, or a snazzy jazz club.
Dressing comfortable is probably more appropriate, especially if the suitor hasn't filled you in on the plans made. A pair of fitted jeans, a vest top will suffice. Heels show you've made a cute amount effort and also ensure you look feminine.



Here I have thrown together a real simple look with a pop of pink! It's simple, clean and fun. If you are naturally more glamorous, add a dangly pair of earrings and a chic shoe.

MOHAIR JACKET- Charity shop
LEOTARD- COW Vintage
JEANS- Primark
BOOTS- Newlook

For a more laid back look, choose your favourite lose fitting top and pair it with some joggers and heels.


 Here I am wearing a sheer top, made by my mama. Worn with these joggers, it comfortable and chilled.

LEATHER JACKET- EBay
TOP- Material from a market (made my Mom)
JOGGERS- EBay
BOOTS- H&M

If you have been asked out for dinner, giiirl you need to get it together!! A form fitting dress would be perfect. Something that leaves something to the imagination, but doesn't scream 'look at me, I look good naked'.



Here I am wearing a velvet black dress made by my mama. It is figure hugging at an appropriate length and sits in all the right places. I teamed it with an oversized leather jacket for some edge, keeping the look casual. I chose these mesh ankle boots, as they are classy and neat. The overall look is fitting for dinner, not too dressy but also not underdressed.

JACKET- Eastend Thrift Store (London)
Dress- Material from a market, made by Mom
BOOTS- H&M


A formal night out to the hubby's work event or double dating at the Shard, requires and upscale outfit. Fashion forward with a touch of Anne's fashion flair, will having you looking like a piece of art.


 
 
This outfit is just the foundation of the glam required for an upscale night of romance. I have chosen a tight fitting vest top to wear underneath a structured blazer. I have paired it with a pair of high-waist trousers that are very flattering and sleek. To up the amp, a pair of OTT earrings or statement necklace, would really pull this look in, topped off with a few curls or a slick top knot. If you have shorter hair like myself, slicking it back off your face, will lengthen your neck and show off your facial structure!
 
TOP- H&M
TROUSERS- Charity Shop
JACKET- Kardashian Kollection
 
STYLE TIP- Love you enough to put yourself first! Dress to impress yourself...if he likes it too, great!! :)
SHARE:

2 comments

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig